Saturday, January 8, 2011

the informal introduction

place:  my sister's house

event:  my totally 80s 25th bday photo shoot

conversation:  "hey you should start an accessories blog because you have the perfect accessory for every outfit"

"Pa-ting" = the light bulb going off in my head

Now after a couple trial and errors and that silent killer called "procrastination"....by gosh i think i've got it!

A little introduction:  i'm khali abria.  (khali is pronounced "kaa-lee" like cauliflower) and it means "first born gifted one" in Yoruba and apparently the "goddess of destruction" in some Indian cultures.  and i'm a 20-something fashion loving, event planning, social hustler.  my bs is in business administration from the best HBCU in the world - Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and i'm currently in school at USC for my MBA.  i currently work in public relations and i love what i do. 

my passion is fashion, kids, and money.  blame my mother for my closet.  being as i am not so far removed from my awesomely aweful teenage years - i love mentoring.  and who doesnt love money?  it's apart of my 9-5 to find sponsors and so forth, but i really really have a gift to turn $1 into $100.  (i mean something has got to pay for my habit!)

my focus of this blog is to just show that i really do indeed "like what i like."  take the journey with me! 

p.s.  i am soooo new to this blog thing so any questions, comments, and concerns are so appreciated!   email me at ilikewhatilike8@gmail.com please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment